Fire Stations 15 and 16: MEP and Civil Services
Rolling Meadows, IL
Clark Dietz provided design and construction phase services including mechanical, electrical, civil, plumbing and fire protection for two new fire stations, each approximately 12,000 SF, single story buildings. Existing sites were redeveloped to make them suitable for new fire stations including new utilities, site grading and parking facilities.
- Site civil and grading design for both locations.
- New utilities for sewer and water extensions.
- Stormwater engineering, including coordination with MWRDGC for permitting.
- Design for curb cut along Algonquin Road and necessary IDOT specifications.
- Air handling unit with VAV system with various zones for thermal comfort.
- Hot water reheat system with Lead-Lag high efficiency condensing boilers.
- Vehicle exhaust system with automatic controls, which allows operation based on pressure sensors, and auto disconnect on pull out.
- Apparatus bay ventilation system with make-up air unit, exhaust fan that is controlled with CO and NO2 sensors.
- Storage room and restroom exhaust systems throughout building.
- Natural gas piping system for various loads throughout the building.
- Compressed air system for building needs.
- Compressed air fill system for breathing air module.
- Site lighting and building lighting including custom light fixtures for vestibule and day room and monument lighting.
- Electrical distribution service including full building generator.
- Coordination of services with electrical utility.
- Provide design for low voltage systems including data, communication, and speaker systems.
- Fire alarm system for life safety systems for the building.
- Instantaneous gas fired water heaters for maximum energy savings.
- Apparatus bay drainage system with heavy duty trench drains and oil-water separator.
- Domestic water, sanitary and vent system distribution for multiple restrooms and fixtures throughout the building.
- Building wide sprinkler system including wet and dry system for various zones.
- Fire pump (Only for one fire station) as required for system pressure.
- Water service and separation as indicated by City codes.
Fire Stations 15 and 16