22nd Street Reconstruction, Butterfield Road to Kingery Highway
DuPage County, IL
Clark Dietz provided construction engineering services during the total reconstruction and widening of 22nd Street from Illinois Route 56 (Butterfield Road) to Illinois Route 83 (Kingery Highway). New pavement consists of 8.75-inch jointed reinforced PCC pavement. The project also includes traffic signal modernization, interconnect, lighting, water main and storm sewer installation and all roadway appurtenances.
- Eastbound lanes were widened from two to three lanes from Butterfield to Midwest Road, and from two lanes to four lanes from Midwest Road to Route 83.
- Westbound lanes were widened from two lanes to three lanes.
- A total of five signalized intersections were reconstructed and re-timed.
- Landscaped medians were included.
- Extensive utility relocation and coordination was required prior to and during the project.
- Extensive coordination was provided with impacted businesses to facilitate uninterrupted operations throughout construction.
“Clark Dietz has performed all required phases in an excellent manner. They have provided the required layout, inspection and documentation in a timely manner. Their staff continues to keep me informed on all pertinent aspects of the construction project, conflicts that may arise and public relation issues. They are very professional, courteous and respectful to the motoring public and businesses…”
– Reginald D. Miller, IDOT District 1, Construction