Uptown Circular Intersection
A principal component of the project involved the replacement of existing streets, with an emphasis on the intersection of Beaufort, North and Constitution Trail in the heart of the uptown district with a circular intersection. The circular intersection replaced a badly skewed stop-controlled intersection and has become the focal point for new development. Project scope included:
- Complete removal and replacement of Beaufort St. from Broadway St. to Linden St.
- Removal and replacement of North St. from Fell Ave. to its current intersection with Beaufort St.
- Development of Constitution Trail Boulevard from the circular intersection north to Mulberry St.
- Replacement of four alleys
- Development of the urban one-lane circular intersection
- Decorative street lighting
- Power distribution
Clark Dietz teamed with Hoerr Schaudt, Landscape Architects, Inc., and the Farnsworth Group to develop construction plans for the circular intersection. Hoerr Schaudt handled landscape/streetscape elements, and the Farnsworth Group worked on replacement and relocation of subsurface utilities.